Volusia Speedway Park and Sprint Cars Return for 2014.
For the last couple of years we were always in a “will they/won’t they race” state of mind when it came to Volusia Speedway Park. World Racing Group had made it difficult for anyone to lease the place outside of SpeedWeeks, but in 2013 things changed and we had a proper racing season, with plenty of good late model and sprint car action, much to local fans delight.
And now VSP has dropped their 2014 race schedule to show they aren’t going anywhere after SpeedWeeks concludes. Now since we largely only care about various forms of sprint car racing, what you need to know is that the Top Gun Sprint Series returns once again, as do the mini sprints.
Now one thing to note about the mini sprints is that they are currently listed as the “VSP Mini Sprints” and not the Florida Mini Sprints Association. Now after doing some crude investigating, the FMSA is listed as going into Bubba Raceway Park quite a bit in 2014, which we had speculated would go Bubba Army Mini Sprints, but now does not appear that way, so now it would appear that VSP will be the home of the “unsanctioned” winged mini sprints instead.
Anywho, here are your dates to prepare for, post SpeedWeeks, for sprint car action at VSP.
- Saturday March 29th 2014 – Top Gun Sprints and VSP Mini Sprints.
- Saturday April 19th 2014 – Top Gun Sprints and VSP Mini Sprints.
- Saturday May 24th 2014 – VSP Mini Sprints
- Saturday June 21st 2014 – VSP Mini Sprints
- Saturday July 26th 2014 – Top Gun Sprint Series
- Saturday September 20th 2014 – Top Gun Sprints and VSP Mini Sprints
- Saturday December 6th 2014 – VSP Mini Sprints