This weekend’s sprint car race?
There actually is a sprint car race of sorts this weekend, though try as I might, I can’t tell you a lot about it, but here’s what I know.
* There is a micro sprint at Bronson Motor Speedway on Saturday night.
* They are micro sprints.
* They may or may not have wings.
* They don’t appear to jive with FMSA rules.
* They appear to be “the cars that race at Marion County Speedway.”
* They will be practicing Friday night and racing Saturday night as part of Bronson’s program, which also includes Pure Stocks, Modifieds, Hornets, and Street Stocks.
You can also apparently meet sometime stock car driver Jeffrey Earnhardt. Don’t piss him off though, he’s also a cage fighter.
So if you go to Bronson or have some sort of class/rules clarification, please feel free to post in the comments section down below. I got the above information (the pretty asterisks) by mulitple calls to the track for clarification and that’s what I arrived at.
UPDATE – See below, we have confirmation that the mystery event is the Sunshine Micro Sprints, 250cc with wings, so if you’re in the area, check it out.
But hey, if you’re not down with a mystery road trip up to the Gainesville area, there is a Crash and Bash at Desoto, a bunch of trailer and Figure 8 races at Citrus County Speedway and New Smyrna is charging $20 for a night of racing highlighted by the Pro Late Model series.
A funny aside – you can get a “coupon” for said racing at New Smryna to get a hot dog and a small french fries for five bucks. Think about that for a minute. For $25 I can pay my way in and get half a meal…this is why I never go to the closest track to my house and driver farther to Citrus County Speedway when I want to catch a pavement race.
Don’t piss off Jeffrey Earnhardt on Saturday.
Is one of those Doinks Collin Cabre’s dad?